All About Me

Greece
Greece was the greatest empire of its time. Greece was a very interesting country. It was divided into city-states which were like modern day counties. For example: El Paso county or Fairfax county. The Greeks had a very universal religion. If you lived in Greece you believed the same as everyone else. The Greeks believed in many gods. Each god had its own specialty. An example of this is the Greek god Ares. He was believed to have been the god of war who controlled and turned the tide if battle. That sums up what I know about Greece.

We have been doing a lot of fun things in social studies on the topic of ancient Greece. Some of the things we get to do are: create a logo, find a way to show unity, create a chant/cheer, and compete in Olympic events. There are also some added rules that have to be followed: females have to be “escorted” into the classroom by males, at the end of each day you have to roll dice to find out “your fate” that the gods bestow upon you, and the teacher is your leader and you must follow their direct instructions.
Article posted December 8, 2011 at 05:28 PM • comment • Reads 43 • Return to Blog List

I love sports,and messing around with friends.