NUMBER 11-

THE END!!!!!! 05/15/12
Process on my project 05/10/12
WHF 05/10/12
International towne 05/10/12
I wish 04/08/12
practice makes perfect 03/11/12
Science and Cells 03/08/12
Books 02/29/12
Girls basketbal 02/29/12
My favorite quote 01/31/12
2012 01/16/12
Wiki Reflection 12/16/11
Choices,choices 12/15/11
Mystery stories 11/29/11
Books 11/29/11
All About Me 11/29/11
Giving Thanks 11/29/11
blogging 11/06/11
Always Remember 10/27/11
Banned Books 10/02/11
Field Trip 10/02/11

Greece
Greece was the greatest empire of its time. Greece was a very interesting country. It was divided into city-states which were like modern day counties. For example: El Paso county or Fairfax county. The Greeks had a very universal religion. If you lived in Greece you believed the same as everyone else. The Greeks believed in many gods. Each god had its own specialty. An example of this is the Greek god Ares. He was believed to have been the god of war who controlled and turned the tide if battle. That sums up what I know about Greece.

We have been doing a lot of fun things in social studies on the topic of ancient Greece. Some of the things we get to do are: create a logo, find a way to show unity, create a chant/cheer, and compete in Olympic events. There are also some added rules that have to be followed: females have to be “escorted” into the classroom by males, at the end of each day you have to roll dice to find out “your fate” that the gods bestow upon you, and the teacher is your leader and you must follow their direct instructions.
Article posted December 8, 2011 at 05:28 PM • comment • Reads 42 • Return to Blog List

Hi, I love to play sports. My favorite sport is soccer, but I also play basketball and volleyball. My least favorite thing to do is chores. My favorite subject in school is math, and my least favorite is social studies. Those are facts about me.