Copyright (c) 2014 by Bobbie K Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Bobbie K -- Blogmeister

-

by Bobbie K teacher: Melanie Transue

Why did the Dust witch go after Jim and Will?

Article posted December 7, 2011 at 12:17 PM • comment (2) • Reads 38 • Return to Blog List

Excellent question! Jim and Will are wanted by Mr. Dark, the head honcho of the carnival. Mr. Dark had just approached Will's father, Charles Halloway, on the street asking where Jim and Will were. Charles of course knew not to tell Mr. Dark because he knows the carnival is bad news. Jim and Will were under a steel grille in the street just below where Mr. Dark and Charles Halloway were standing, but when Mr. Dark walked away Mr. Halloway told the boys to run and hide and meet him at the library later that night. The boys listened, but Mr. Dark was still on the lookout for the boys. The Dust Witch is a magical creature and although she is blind she has a very strong sense of hearing and she can feel people's emotions, so Mr. Dark sends her to search for the two boys at their homes. She finds them and to mark where their houses are she lowers her hot air balloon and leaves a silver paint there that looks like a snail’s trail. That is why the Dust Witch goes after Jim and Will.
Posted December 14, 2011 at 11:36 AM by • Megyn S.
I think its because Mr.Dark might want Jim and Will to be in the carnival. In chapter 30 it says that the balloon is following Jim and Will and the balloon is the which. The which works for Mr.Dark.
Posted December 14, 2011 at 11:32 AM by • Emily P