Copyright (c) 2014 by Zaryab A Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Zaryab A -- Blogmeister

Zaryab's Magic Wonderland of fun and science

Period 3/4 2011

Welcome to Mr. Ullrich's Blog! This blog is for 8th Grade Earth Science and Physical Science students. We will learn topics such as Astronomy, Geology and Meteorology. This blog will give us a place to discuss, learn and develop these topics during the year. If you are not from our class please post lots of comments!

by Zaryab A

teacher: Mr. Ullrich

Shooting stars really capture my interest because I was always fascinated by the streaks of lights that I saw in movies. How are these caused and what are the source that these figures come from I thought in my head. If it is mentioned so many times in tv, movies and even the news, shouldn’t I know about these things. Well, I researched on these shooting stars and I am so happy with the results. What they really are is tiny bits of rock and dust, they aren’t even real stars. These steaks of light are caused by rocks and dust called meteoroids falling into earth’s atmosphere and burning up. It was discovered by different astronomers but the idea was finalized with the invention of the telescope. Shooting stars vary in distance because they are always moving but they are much closer than other celestial objects because they fall under the category of earth’s atmosphere.

Article posted December 6, 2011 at 03:35 PM • comment (1) • Reads 491 • Return to Blog List

I've always thought shooting stars were fascinating because they're not really stars at all. I think it's very interesting how the light we see is the burning of the rock as it hits our atmosphere. Thanks for sharing this information.
Posted January 18, 2012 at 08:07 PM by • Lisa S

Hello Ladies and Gents! My name is Zaryab. I love to play the guitar and swimming too. I've been on a swim team since I was 5 yrs old. Math and science are my favorite school subjects. I love to travel and have been to many countries in the world. My favorite color is black. But not dark black. JK. My favorite band is Avenged Sevenfold and I enjoy listening to their music in my free time. Basketball is my other favorite sport besides swimming. My favorite basketball team is the Boston Celtics. Keita is my bestest friend ever!