Copyright (c) 2014 by Danyal R Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Danyal R -- Blogmeister

Period 3/4 2011

Welcome to Mr. Ullrich's Blog! This blog is for 8th Grade Earth Science and Physical Science students. We will learn topics such as Astronomy, Geology and Meteorology. This blog will give us a place to discuss, learn and develop these topics during the year. If you are not from our class please post lots of comments!

by Danyal R

teacher: Mr. Ullrich

01/17/12
Mars 12/06/11
10/25/11
Facts about me 10/20/11

Jupiter!! :)
Jupiter, as you know is one of our planets in the solar system!! However, Jupiter is a very interesting planet to study about because of its cool facts that Jupiter holds. Jupiter is the largest planet and is the fifth planet closest to the sun. Jupiter also has a strong force of gravity that if you weighed hundred pounds on earth you would weigh two hundred and sixty four pounds in Jupiter. Jupiter also rotates the quickest out of all the other planets in the solar system. Jupiter is greatly known for its red spot in the middle. The red spot is actually a storm that has been going on for more than three hundred years. Jupiter is also 4.2 to 6.2 AU (in astronomical units) away from earth. Jupiter was also named after the king of the roman gods. However we are not positive of who discovered Jupiter first. Jupiter may be explained in more details at http://www.universetoday.com/15142/discovery-of-jupiter/
Article posted December 6, 2011 at 11:42 AM • comment • Reads 106 • Return to Blog List