Copyright (c) 2014 by Zaryab A Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Zaryab A -- Blogmeister

Zaryab's Magic Wonderland of fun and science

Period 3/4 2011

Welcome to Mr. Ullrich's Blog! This blog is for 8th Grade Earth Science and Physical Science students. We will learn topics such as Astronomy, Geology and Meteorology. This blog will give us a place to discuss, learn and develop these topics during the year. If you are not from our class please post lots of comments!

by Zaryab A

teacher: Mr. Ullrich

Supermassive Black Hole
For years, many scientists wondered what the center of our universe was. In December of 2008, scientists announced that there was supermassive black hole in the center of the universe. They made this conclusion because they observed that there was an immense gravitational pull and many stars were sucked into one point. This black hole is 30,000 light years away from our solar system.I think that this is an interesting topic to research because we can understand why things happen in the center of the galaxy like planets and stars disappearing or light bending.

If you want to continue reading about the black hole, you can go to :
http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/sciencetech/supermassive-black-hole-milky-way/6671

Article posted December 5, 2011 at 06:27 PM • comment (1) • Reads 79 • Return to Blog List

Scientists only discoverd this in 2008, that is very recent. I also think this is a very interesting topic! I didn't know that black holes could make light bend!
Posted December 10, 2011 at 07:49 PM by • Jessica S

Hello Ladies and Gents! My name is Zaryab. I love to play the guitar and swimming too. I've been on a swim team since I was 5 yrs old. Math and science are my favorite school subjects. I love to travel and have been to many countries in the world. My favorite color is black. But not dark black. JK. My favorite band is Avenged Sevenfold and I enjoy listening to their music in my free time. Basketball is my other favorite sport besides swimming. My favorite basketball team is the Boston Celtics. Keita is my bestest friend ever!