Copyright (c) 2014 by J Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
J -- Blogmeister

We are an intermediate classroom in an elementary school in British Columbia, Canada. We use our blogs as a place to practise expressing our ideas in writing (and maybe even sound, pictures & video when we're ready). We try to leave thoughtful comments for classmates & other bloggers we visit. Comments help us critique our ideas and our writing. They also motivate us to do more thinking, writing, sharing & revising. You can leave your thoughts on any particular article by clicking "comment" below it. Comments will be published after I have had a chance to read them.

by J teacher: Derek Milloy

We are reading a book called "Touching Spirit Bear" by: Ben Mikaelsen. The book is about a fifteen year old boy named Cole Matthews who has been fighting and stealing for years. Cole's dad always gets drunk and beats him while his mother does nothing to stop her husband to stop beating her son. He takes out his anger at others and enjoys it. Every time he gets caught the police tell him "this is your last chance", but Cole has been told that several time and he knows that there are mo yet to come.

Cole try's to fill his bucket by doing crimes. The way he fills his "Power" need is he shows everybody that he's not afraid of anything and that he's the beat and no one can beat him. Cole fills his "Fun" need by making fun of people and taunting people. He fills his "Freedom" need by doing whatever he wants, like stealing things and doing crimes. Last, but not least he fills "Love and Belonging" by making sure he gets noticed because his parents never pay attention to him, he fills this need by beating people up and telling everybody about it.
Article posted December 4, 2011 at 06:07 PM • comment (1) • Reads 74 • Return to Blog List

I like how you wrote it!
Posted December 7, 2011 at 09:44 PM by • Luis