Once upon a time, there was a reindeer named Elvis who lived at the North Pole. It was almost Christmas, and all the reindeers went through intense practice flights to prepare for the final test to see which reindeers would fly Santa's sleigh this year. Elvis hated practice flights and training. In fact, he wished he could do whatever he wanted. And what he wanted was to be a rock star. He wanted to have a band called 'Elvis the Other Reindeers' and be the lead singer. The problem was reindeers were not normally allowed to be rock stars. They were only allowed to pull Santa's sleigh once a year if they got picked, but otherwise they hung around waiting for their chance next year to try out.

Elvis had such an excellent voice that Mary Mae, the most attractive reindeer in Elvis's opinion, heard him singing alone once and thought it was the sound of the elves’ harmonic angel-like voices. 'It's no fair the elves get to sing all the time!' Elvis thought enviously. 'They probably have to sing, even if they don't want to. I would trade places with them. Anything to get Mae!' He blushed at the thought of the pretty she-reindeer will honey-colored fur and nicely curved antlers. He wanted desperately for her to bat her long eyelashes at him and stare at him through her pure violet eyes with affection. There was a lot of competition for her though.

Elmer, the most attractive and muscular reindeer had an eye for Mae too. He was always picked, because he was the son of Coach Winfrey, who chose who pulled Santa's sleigh. He knew that Elmer liked Mae, and that Elvis did too, and if Elvis so much as looked at her he had him galloping 4 mile terrains. Even though he liked Mae, he did his best to avoid her so Winfrey couldn't have an excuse to make him run, which turned out to be quite hard, because Mae always came over to him when she saw him. Oh, the way her beautiful eyes sparkled as she spoke! He sighed and entered the stables. He slipped the bell collar down his neck, stepped into his silver hooves, and cozied under his soft back blanket.

He turned around and started when he saw Mae standing there.

"Hello." she smiled, her pearl-white teeth gleaming. "Do you want to be chosen this year?"

He didn't know what to say. "Uh, I- well, I never want to be chosen. Elmer's so cocky and rude and boasts about being at the front." he stuttered.

Mae's smile dimenished. "Yeah, and besides, he likes me. I do not care for him one bit, as I already have an eye on someone else." Her smile broadened.

Coach Winfrey entered at that moment. His gaze flickered over to Elvis as he scooted away from Mae. He stared for a moment then gestured for them to follow. "As you know, today is the final exam. Those who are chosen get to pull Santa's sleigh. Get in line!" he barked. "Saint Nick is coming this time to watch!"

The reindeers snapped to attention as The Big Man came up. "Hello, Winfrey. Proceed." He sat back and watched.

Coach Winfrey immediately called out, "Elmer!" Elmer strode to his father's side looking very smug indeed.

He looked at Mae. Coach called out several other names, including Mae's. When she walked up, Elmer immediately came to her, so close that she shifted uncomfortably. He passed Elvis without even speaking and selected several others.

"Here, Santa, stand your reindeer who will pull your sleigh. They will do practice flights with your sleigh."

Santa walked up and down the rows. He paused in front of Elvis. "What do you want, son?" he asked suddenly, making Elvis jolt. "Do you want to pull the sleigh for once?"

Elvis muttered, "I want to be a rock star..."

THE END

Every can probably assume how the story ends here. Something short and sweet, since my mom said I had to get off "RIGHT NOW=http://", so I didn't get to finish.

Article posted December 3, 2011 at 06:30 PM • comment (2) • Reads 79 • Return to Blog List

thanks Zoe! yeah, the story is comming along, but I haven't been able to write chapter 13 yet! or at least, I haven't been able to finish it. TT^TT I'm having writers block, so it's really hard to finish. I'm making a promis to myself that once chapter 12 gets posted, them I'll finish chapter 13 as best I can. I'm also going to be posting a new story called Diaries of Jane. so, keep a look out. anyway, thanks for reading!
Posted February 2, 2012 at 07:46 PM by • Kacie
Kyler doesn't hate his parents, he just doesn't want to live with them. What did you mean by misspelling brother? Beat's not the complete opposite, but you'll find out why he doesn't smile throughout the story. Storm is calm, sometimes. these are my characters, but these are not my pictures. i am not aloud to sighn up for a website to put up my pictures T.T, but they are my characters. i think it would make an awesome book. might have to consider it. you'll also find out that Calm Waters isn't really what it sounds like. you'll also find out why Beat doesn't like Calm Waters. Keep an eye out for the chapters. there will be chapters 1-12 posted sometime. I'm foing to keep writing chapter 13 and so on. I'm really excited about this story!
Posted December 22, 2011 at 10:16 AM by • kacie