The Girl Who Spelled Freedom

The movie The Girl Who Spelled Freedom, Linn Yang and her family come from leave Cambodia because a war is going on and come to Chattanooga, Tennessee to live with the Thrash family. Linn and her family are confused about all the things that they didn’t have in Cambodia, like the toilet. Soon, Linn goes to school. Linn is a little scared about going to school because she doesn’t know any English. Linn is not very confident. Linn soon adjusts to school and life in the U.S.A., and learns many English words. Linn becomes very smart, and she wins a contest for reading the most books. Then, Linn qualifies for the county spelling bee. She spells lots of words and then there are the two finalists left. The other finalist spells a word wrong, and then Linn spells the other finalist’s word correctly. Linn’s last word was acronym. She spells, “A-C-R-O-N-Y-M”. Then Linn won the spelling bee. Linn Yang overcame many obstacles when she came to America, but she became confident in herself and she was happy that she was free.

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 09:53 AM • comment (1) • Reads 99 • Return to Blog List

You are right she did change in all those ways. I liked the way you spelled out acronym. I didn't find anything wrong. Good job.
Posted December 8, 2011 at 11:06 AM by • MM7