The Girl Who Spelled Freedom- How Prissy Thrash Changed

Prissy Thrash was a character that changed over time and was influenced by the Cambodian family. She was nervous to take on a whole family of seven because she felt she already had enough on her hands, but since she knew their horrific background, she took them in. She started impatient because she couldn’t communicate with them, and they did things they would do in Cambodia, like stock up on food just in case they would not have any, and they did not use the bathroom, after all, they did not know how to-they had never seen them before. Over time, when the Yang family and the Thrash family could communicate and they learned to use the bathrooms and other conveniences, things got easier and Prissy softened up to the family, and the Yangs did the same-Prissy became the center of their lives. Because of the Cambodians, Prissy became a more patient, and kind person.

Article posted December 1, 2011 at 09:40 AM • comment • Reads 459 • Return to Blog List