Linn Yang

Linn Yang

By Tony Wyche

Linn was a slave in a very poor country, but she had the opportunity to live with another family. The family that took Linn and her family were the Thrashes. She changed from a poor slave to a happy girl. When she first stepped into America, she didn’t speak any English. A few years later, she won the spelling bee. This movie is called The Girl Who Spelled Freedom. She was a really good speller, and she became free.

Article posted November 30, 2011 at 01:42 PM • comment (4) • Reads 63 • Return to Blog List

I really liked the blog post. How I think you could get better is that you need a better 'hook' of a starting sentence.
Posted December 7, 2011 at 07:06 AM by • ATB 6
Good writing and good grammar but you didn't really make the writing very interesting. Next time be sure to grab the reader's attention in the opening sentence. Other than that great writing!
Posted December 6, 2011 at 08:42 PM by • DR6
This is a fantastic blog post. The only bad thing was the beginning and end didn't really get my attention and some of the sentences were choppy.
Posted December 6, 2011 at 08:06 PM by • JO
This is a really good post, but I think that you need stronger opening and closing sentences because it wasn't attention grabbing.
Posted December 1, 2011 at 09:53 AM by • LS7