Copyright (c) 2014 by E Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
E -- Blogmeister

Best friends-

The students of 3rd ESO at INS Manolo Hugué, doing the optional subject "Planning a Trip", are going to organize a trip to Holland, in a class exchange. They are going to Naaldwijk, in March. The Dutch students are coming to visit us in May.

by E teacher: Dolors Permanyer

Things About The Netherlands

The highest point in the Netherlands is less than one metre above the sea level. The Netherlands has about 17,000,000 inhabitants. The average temperature in January is 2.8 Cº (37.0 Fº). In fact, it has low temperatures almost all the year.

Keukenhof is the world’s largest flower garden, in Lisse. It’s open all year long but the most beautiful season to watch it is in spring.

De Hoge Veluwe is the oldest and biggest national park in the Netherlands. The Randstad is a conurbation. It consists of the four largest Dutch cities: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Utretch. Almost 1,300 bridges cross Amsterdam.

Today are still working moret han 1,000 windmills in the Netherlands. A polder is a low-lying tract of land enclosed by embankments (barriers) known as dikes. They are important in the Netherlands because of the sea level.

Pannekoeken is a pancake and the main ingredients are flour, milk, salt and eggs.It is legal to take drugs in coffe shops. Sinterklass is the Santa Claus of Holland. He gives presents to Duth children with the help of his assisstants, called called Zwarte Piet.

Article posted November 29, 2011 at 08:41 AM • comment • Reads 35 • Return to Blog List

We are two Spanish teen girls who love music and dancing.