Copyright (c) 2014 by Gianni F Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Gianni F -- Blogmeister

Story of my life.

class 2015

by Gianni F

teacher: Melanie Transue

Have you ever wanted a mechanical scoop carry you up the side of a cliff? Ever wanted to feel snowflakes on your face as you rocket down the side of a mountain? Then snowboarding is for you. Here are some ups and downs of the snowboarding experience.
The thought of an automated ski lift can scare many people, especially if it’s your first time riding. But, the ski lifts are very safe as long as you use them correctly. This means paying attention when it's your time to get on and getting on correctly. You must also have your back foot unbound so that you can propel yourself around. If it is your first time boarding a ski lift you should watch the people ahead and position yourself like they do. When the lift is about to hit you don’t tense and rather let it do its job and "scoop" you into the seat. If you follow the directions and the rules of the lift it should be a no-brainer.
Now for the reason you are here, the ride down. Once you hop off your dandy lift the next thing you do is find yourself a safe spot to strap your other foot in. Once your feet are secure you should double check your boots, goggles, and helmet and they are very essential to having a safe run down the mountain. Now that you're moving you should pay attention to your surroundings. The more experienced boarders are most likely be doing tricks or flying down the mountain and they may not know it's your first time. While you’re moving try not to move erratically as the people around you may not know where you’re going to go and it causes them to take a wide detour around you.
Follow this guide and you should have an amazing time on the mountain.

Article posted November 29, 2011 at 08:36 AM • comment • Reads 59 • see all articles