Conditions of Use
Questioning the Text
This week we are still discussing all of the ways to activate our brains while reading. One great way is to ASK QUESTIONS AND WONDER about the the text. Your assignment for the weekly blog is this:
1. Read independently, as usual.
2. Keep your brain activated by asking questions and wondering about the text and jot those down -STOP & JOTS (3-5 is a good amount for a 20-30 minute reading).
3. Collect at least 2 nights of stop-and-jots that focus on questioning the text.
4. Choose at least 5 of your best questions (perhaps you even discovered the answer) to post in your own blog.
**Blogging Tips: Type in word ...just in case. *Spellcheck * Reread to make sure it sounds your best. *Post on time and make sure it's been approved and posted (must check off "Publish"). *Comment on a classmate's post.*
Article posted November 28, 2011 at 01:58 PM •
comment (14) • Reads 4123
Return to Blog List
Add a Comment
The font of your blog really was eye popping so I just had to look, Do you think that the font and color of your blog posts can help keep the readers interested and wanting to come back to read more?
Comment Posted on December 21, 2011 at 07:22 AM by
My book is called Beyond the Grave and these are my questions.
1. How did the Cahills get the nice hotel?
2. How did the Cahills get away?
3. How did they get the Sakhet sign?
Comment Posted on December 3, 2011 at 12:49 PM by
i am reading diary pof a wimpy kid dog days these are my four questions.
Why did the dad get the dog for the famliy?
What are they going to name the famliy dog?
Did greg want to get a dog for the famliy?
who in the famliy will be takeing care of the dog?
Comment Posted on December 1, 2011 at 09:28 PM by
I am reading The Great Ghost Rescue, and my questions are
1. What does the ghost look like?
2.Why was his jaw swollen?
3.What is an exersist? A. A person who removes demons from someones body.
4.What deos walled up up alive mean?
5.What deos gory mean?
Comment Posted on December 1, 2011 at 08:15 PM by
My book is called Shipwreck and is part of the Island series by Gordon Korman. Some of the questions that I asked were.
Q: What does Seven Seas mean?
T: Why would Veronica swing a bat at her brothers head? OH NO!
V: Masts/Answer: A mast is what holds up a sail on a boat
V: Penetrating/ Answer: Something going into something else
Comment Posted on December 1, 2011 at 07:41 PM by
this week I have started reading the second series to Percy Jackson and the Olympians. My book is The Heroes of olympus, book 1: The Lost Hero By: Rick Riordan. Some questions and wonders I have been having are
1: Why doesn't Jason remember anything?
2: Why is Leo so rude and immature?
3: What is up with Piper's dream?
4: Why was Dylan trying to kill Jason, Leo, and Piper?
5: Why is Coach hedge so nice, but strict?
6: What happened to Percy Jackson?
These are some of the questions I have had in this book so far. I think it it an amazing book, and I recommend it to all of you.
Comment Posted on December 1, 2011 at 07:06 PM by
my book is Diary of a Wimpy Kid, my guestions are...
1.Is Greg going to be nice?
2.Is Greg going to get alot of gifts?
3.Why is Greg mean to Rowley?
4.Why is Rodrick mean?
5.Why is the food so bad?
Comment Posted on December 1, 2011 at 06:10 PM by
My independent reading book is Rules
Here are the questions:
Does David have a disease?
Why does David freak out so much?
Why is David obsessed with his red umbrella?
Why does David go to a clinic?
Why does David`s sister have write a list of rules that most people know without having to be constantly reminded about it?
Comment Posted on December 1, 2011 at 05:48 PM by
Does David have a disease? Why does David freak out so much? Why is David obsessed with his red umbrella? Why does David go to a clinic? Why does David`s sister have write a list of rules that most people know without having to be constantly reminded about it?
Comment Posted on December 1, 2011 at 05:46 PM by
My independent reading book is The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan. Here are my questions:
1. Why doesn't Percy remember anything?
2. Why are monsters throwing free samples at Percy?
3. How come Percy found the Roman camp instead of seeing the Greek camp?
4. Why is Nico there?
5. Why do the Romans think he is a spy?
Comment Posted on December 1, 2011 at 03:38 PM by
my independent reading book is Harry Potter.This week in class our assinment was to use our inner voice and stop-n-jot our questions.my questions were the following:
1. Why did Harry's "parents" not want him to know that he was a wizard?
2.How did letters keep appearing at his house with the same response?
3.Why did his parents decide to move to a random house on the ocean?
Comment Posted on November 30, 2011 at 04:32 PM by
My independent reading book for my house is "Eddie and the Jets". This week in class we are learning to ask the questions that pop into our mind from our inner voice. So we were asked to write questions in our notebook then post them on the blog. Here are my questions.
1. Why does Eddie get to take all of the responsibility on the football team?
2. Who started the rivalry between Eddie and Kirby?
3. What will Kenny and Mikey's reaction be to getting kicked off the team?
4. Why does Bobby always agree with what Eddie says and does?
5. Why did Eddie's Dad decide to leave out of nowhere
Comment Posted on November 30, 2011 at 04:17 PM by
In class we have been learning about wondering and questioning and for our blog this week we were supposed to write 5 questions or wonders we made at home when we were independent reading so the book I am reading is School Of Fear by Gitty Daneshvari and my 5 questions were
1. Why are all the kids always bragging and fighting?
2. Why is Ms. Wellington so obsessed with Casu Frazigu ?
3. I wonder is Ms. Wellington opened School Of Fear because she once had a fear that she couldn’t get rid of?
4. Why is Ms. Wellington always lying to her students?
5. How did the student get their fears in the first place?
Comment Posted on November 29, 2011 at 04:01 PM by
the book that i am reading is Diary of a Wimpy kid Cabin fever and my questions are
1. why did greg use a lawnmower to get the snow off the driveway?
2. willgreg ever get the driveway cleard off?
3. Why when you are student ofd the week you get a license for your parents car that says my child is the student of the week and i am mighty proud?
4. How did greg scratch his dad's car?
5. will gregs dad get a newcar or get them fixed or just drive around with scratches in his car?
Comment Posted on November 29, 2011 at 03:08 PM by
My Classes & Students
About the Blogger
I am a 5th Grade teacher in Jamison, Pa. I love teaching and seeing what's in store for me in 5th grade everyday. Technology is something I try to incorporate into my classroom and I am always open to new ideas on how to use it!
Latest 10 Comments: