Copyright (c) 2014 by SunshineSparkle Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
SunshineSparkle -- Blogmeister

WELCOME TO MY WEBPAGE-

We are Mr. Brune's 5th Grade at Mamaroneck Avenue School in Mamaroneck, NY, USA!

by SunshineSparkle teacher: MAS 5B 2011 - 2012
i-Prints 05/11
Miro 05/11
Final Pioneer Diary Entry 05/10
Poetry 04/24
Inquiry 03/25
Return to the Moon 03/11
Literary Essay 01/12
Self Portraits 10/21
Sculpture 12/02
Revision 11/22
School Report 10/31
Personal Narrative 10/26
A True Story From Your Life 10/21
Independent Writing 10/21

The keys for my house were gone!

“Mom, where are the keys for the house?” I questioned.

“I don’t know” my mom answered.

I was trying to look for the keys, but it was too late.

“Mom I have to go pee!” I yelled.

Then my dad disappeared into the basement.

“Where is Daddy going?” I asked. But my mom wouldn’t answer.

My mom was extremely silent while my dad was still in the pitch black basement. I didn’t want to be outside in the porch because, first, the cats have a hotel (figure of speech) under our porch, and, two, "The Boss" (a raccoon, also a figure of speech) comes here.

My mom said raccoons don’t like children. That made me scared like a sloth being hunted down by an eagle in the Amazon. I could still taste those yummy shrimp from the all-you-can-eat buffet.

Finally I saw my dad with a huge ladder.

“EvilTeddyBear, could you go in the window?” My dad said.

“Uh, no!”

Then my dad carefully tried to open a window. I was worried because I thought a neighbor would see us and think we are burglars trying to break in.

It was hard opening the window. We waited and waited until the window nudged open out but it wasn’t enough.

My mom tried to call our neighbor, Maria, but my mom’s phone was dead.

We waited and waited. Another nudge. It was getting easier. Another nudge from the window. But there was a problem. The dishes were blocking the way. There was only one more way- the back window! I would never climb there so my dad did again. Then I remembered my room was there! And he’ll squish my masterpieces. But my Dad did went through anyway.

I ran to the front door. My dad opened the door. I hugged my dad so hard and I was happy to by home!

My mom, dad,and I learned if we all work together we can accomplish anything. I also learned I should always remind my mom for the keys! The adventure was awesome, but I will never, ever, never, ever want to get in that situation again in my whole entire life.
Article posted November 22, 2011 at 09:12 AM • comment • Reads 53 • Return to Blog List