Congratulations for your presentations!. Now, we know a lot of things about Holland and Amsterdam. Make sure you saved the information in your doc document.
I have good news: We have got the tickets!! We will leave on Tuesday, 13th March and will come back on Tuesday 20th March 2011. We will have the list of Dutch students very soon!
The quickest way to go to Amsterdam is by plane. Many of you have never travelled by plane or been to an airport. You should know a few things before getting on the plane.
Do you know the meaning of these words?? "check in", "departures", "flight", "arrivals", "gate", "crew", "delay". ..
To my students:
A. Write the meaning of the words above in a new article in your blog
B. Go to Randall's ESL Listening Lab and follow these steps:
1. Go to Listening quizzes for Academic Purposes, (difficult)
2. Click on "Airport announcement"
3. Do the pre-listening and listening exercises (Read Quiz Script, explanation of Answers and Text Completion Quiz)
4. Add 5 new words you have learnt in your article.
5. If you have time, do some more listening practice about flying: Go to General Listening Quizzes, easy and do the exercises on "Travel on Sky Airlines"