Copyright (c) 2014 by Brandon R Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Brandon R -- Blogmeister

-

by Brandon R teacher: Melanie Transue

Brandon Ms Transue
English 9
27 October 2011
Freak on the Leash
Rachel murdered Brunton! Follow the trail with Sherlock Homes in, The Musgrave Ritual, and find the clues about why Rachel murdered Brunton. she was mad, and angry at him, and how she was insane!
Rachel hated Brunton! Rachel hated Brunton because she was madly in love with him, and he left her for another girl. Another reason why I say she hates him is that she left him to die in a cellar. She kicked the piece of wood that was holding the rock, and he suffocated in the cellar. Also that she didn’t want him with another girl. That’s another reason why she killed him, and why she hated him.
Rachel did it on accident! She couldn’t pick up the rock because it’s so heavy and she was scared! She didn’t kill Brunton on purpose! She didn’t tell anyone, and she is the one that kicked the wood to lock him in the cellar to die.
Rachel was insane! Two quotes from the story saying Rachel was insane are. “You should be in bed, “I said.” Come back to your duties when you are stronger” (Doyle 7). “She looked at me with so strange an expression that I began to suspect that her brain was affected” (Doyle 9). She killed Brunton because he left her for another girl, and that caused her to go crazier.
You have followed the trail, and found the clues why Rachel murdered Brunton. Rachel did murder Brunton. Trust me, because I’m a good student and I read the story with reading between the lines technique, and understood the story of “The Musgrave Ritual.”

Work Cited
Doyle, Sir Aruthur Conan. "The Musgrave Ritual." Mathematics in Fiction. Web. 24 Oct. 2011. <[LINK]>.