Copyright (c) 2014 by Ryan K Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Ryan K -- Blogmeister

-

by Ryan K teacher: Melanie Transue

Veteran’s Day – Not Just Another Holiday

November Free Write

Ryan K.

Veterans Day is the day to honor all the people that served in our country.   Veterans Day is celebrated on November 11 every year. Veteran’s Day is important to my family because my dad served in the military.  He was in Operation Desert Storm.

My dad is a veteran.  He was in the marines and he served for two years. I honor my dad for what he did in those years. But also I honor everyone who served in any branch of the military (army, navy, marines, coast guard, air force).   They risked their life to keep us safe.

All the veterans that I talked to told me that it was a huge experience to go into war.  They said it is not like a game, there is no reset button that you can push to reset the game. They also told me that it was good to travel around the world and see the different places when they were not getting fired upon. Veterans say it is so hard to get into any branch of the military.  They said you had to go through hard training to prepare for war.  

Veterans Day is a time to thank all of the soldiers that fought.  Make sure you thank a veteran.

Article posted November 21, 2011 at 08:01 AM • comment (2) • Reads 59 • see all articles