Matties blog-

passion post 02/27/14
Youtuber 01/28/14
7 random facts 01/07/14
Living or non-Living blog 01/07/14
11/07/13
Science 09/11/13
Science 09/11/13
04/26/12
04/26/12
04/26/12
forgot AGAIN 04/26/12
force 04/25/12
you forgot 04/25/12
03/13/12
Tree planting picture 01/30/12
Tree planting 01/27/12
waterpollution 11/16/09
11/14/11
11/14/11
Scud 11/03/11
7 random facts 10/04/11

Q#1. what is water pollution?when aerobic microorganisms
die and anaerobic microorganisms begin to thrive they produce harmful toxins such as ammonia and sulfides. Oceans lakes and rivers can become polluted in a number of different ways witch is called surface water pollution.

Q#2. what are some of the sources of water pollution? sewage and water waste.
sewage is the term used to waste water the often contains feces urine and laundry waste. there are billions of people on Earth, so treating sewage is a big priority.
Marine dumping.
dumping of litter in the sea can cause problems. litter items such as 6-pack ring packaging can get caught in marine animals and may result in death. Industrial water and water pollution. Industry is a huge source of water pollution, it produces pollutants that are extremely harmful to people and the environment.
Q#3. What are some of the consequences of water pollution?
virtually all of water pollution are harmful to health of humans and animals. water pollution may not damage our health immediately but can be harmful after long term exposure. Different forms of pollutants affect the health of animals in different ways. Heavy metals from industrial processes can accumulate in nearby lakes and rivers. these are toxic to marine life such as fish and shellfish, and subsequently to humans who eat them.
Q#4. What can be done to improve the quality of water after it has become polluted? Well what you could do if you want to keep our waters clean there are many things that you can do to help. You can prevent water pollution of nearby rivers and lakes as well as groundwater and drinking water by following some simple guide lines in your everyday life.
Q#5. what are some of actions that can be taken to help prevent water from becoming polluted?
industrial water treatment be for raw can be safely released back into the environment, it needs to be treated correctly in a water treatment plant. In a water treatment plant, sewage goes through a number of chamoors and chemical processes to reduce the amount and toxicity of the waste. denitrification. denitrification is an ecological approach that can be used to prevent the leaching of nitrates in soil, this in turn stoes any around water from being contaminated with nutrients septic tank treat sewage at the place where it is located, rather than transporting the waste through a treatment plant or sewage system. septic tanks are usualy used to treat sewage froman individual building.

Article posted November 16, 2009 at 12:00 AM • comment • Reads 130 • Return to Blog List