I think that "The Fall of the House of Usher" is the best mystery that I have read.I think it's the best because it has suspense and it builds up the story so the reader knows what's going on. I also think it's the best because it is unlike "The Pit and the Pendulum" where it's confusing in the beginning. In The Pit and the Pendulum the way it starts out, I had no idea what was going on because it had no introduction. That's why I think "The Fall of the House of Usher" is a better story.
Something else that I like from "The Fall of the House of Usher" is the setting. Good mysteries need to have an appropriate setting and the setting in The Fall of the House of Usher is dull and dark and the house is old and creepy. The puzzle in the story makes you wonder about the strange noises that the characters hear. I also like the way the story ends because I thought that that maybe Roderick's sister was still alive.
An intro that I think would make a good introduction is: It was a dark and stormy night. I was walking through the woods when I heard a loud and scary noise from behind. I quickly turned and BAM! I got knocked out. When I awoke I found myself laying there but couldn't seem to remember anything. Who was I? What happened to me? How did I get here? That is what I think would make a good mystery introduction.