Copyright (c) 2014 by RB Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
RB -- Blogmeister

-

by RB teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2013-2014)

The Peach Street Race

It was a sunny and hot day. I was thinking about what a wonderful day it would be for a race. I was so enthusiastic for the race! We quickly ate breakfast at IHOP. We each had a bagel with cinnamon and cream cheese. I ate my breakfast so fast because I was nervous thinking about the race. When we were done eating, we hopped into the car. We were a group of three energetic family members. We were already sweating, and we hadn’t even gotten to the race!

At the race, we saw sweaty joggers and many children. We were so nervous after my uncle said, “Why don’t we join the race?” I was sweating with worry because there was no way that I would say no and neither would my brother. My uncle didn’t seem to understand our faces. I was thinking, “How could I ever even resist the race?” It was super hot in the afternoon so we insisted on getting a four-scooped ice cream. We were so hot!

A stream of bad luck came because we did have to run the race. We had to be running for at least 1 hour minimum. During the first 5 minutes of the horrible race, I stopped and started walking. I couldn’t believe that my brother liked it!

All of a sudden, I heard the loudspeaker announce, “Excuse me dear joggers, I hope you have a marvelous day!” After that, we continued the race happily. My uncle had just stopped for a rest break when I said, “You need to build stamina.” He replied, “Thank you for the advice.”

When we finished the tiring race, I told my uncle, “Thank you, Tio Fito!” He was so surprised that I actually liked the race! When we got into the car, my Ti Ti Nancy gave us snacks. We had such a great day!

Article posted November 9, 2011 at 05:50 AM • comment (11) • Reads 136 • Return to Blog List

I did not have food on my mind. I may have exaggerated a little about the ice cream.

P.S: Nader did not help me with the drawings. I LOVE ALL OF MY UNCLES!!!
Posted December 10, 2011 at 01:59 AM by • LJ
The girls Et, Beki, CT here read your paper, it really read well. We enjoyed the pictures just like the rest of the girls. Next comes cheerleading, music, and world traveling. Tio Joey
Posted December 5, 2011 at 05:18 PM by • Tio Joey
Great event, we were so happy to hear that Lina did the Torres shuffle. (Slow start ---great finish, Food in her mind specially ICE CREAM, a little sweat from the run, and always ending with a big smile) A true story from an exceptional niece. Write more we loved it. Tio Joey
Posted December 5, 2011 at 05:14 PM by • Tio Joey
Really amazing story, love the expressions
Posted November 24, 2011 at 06:42 AM by • Feryal Berjawi ACS Grade 9
Love the writing and expressions and feeling behind every expressions little cuz. Take care. Next will be the PR 10K marathon
Posted November 21, 2011 at 07:32 PM by • William Torre
You're going to be a great writer, Lina. Enjoyed the story and your style of natural expression. Looking forward to more!
Posted November 21, 2011 at 02:52 PM by • MAB
beautiful writing Lina i am so proud of you, and the
pictures are so cute, keep going.
Posted November 21, 2011 at 02:46 PM by • fatima
good job lina.. 5 stars for your narrative and drawing... next year hopefully i will join the race too..
Posted November 18, 2011 at 08:20 AM by • smrithi
Lina,
This is incredible. Excellent job. You forgot to mention that we finished the race before your Mom and Dad. Did your big brother help out with the drawings? By the way, you are always welcomed here. See you next year!!!! Love, Tio Fito
Posted November 16, 2011 at 04:06 PM by • Tio Fito
Beautiful writing and illustrations that bring back a lot of memories. Thank you Lina for this creative work.
Posted November 16, 2011 at 03:29 PM by • Ali J
Tio Fito and Titi Nancy will be so proud of you just like mommy and daddy. Hopefully next year we will all be able to run the race! Let's ask Tio Fito and Titi Nancy.
Posted November 16, 2011 at 12:45 AM by • MT