JAYBIRDD. :D-

Mukda, Ryley and I asked the question "Would different liquids effect the growth of orbies?" Our answer turned out to be yes! Our liquids consited of milk, juice (orange mango carrot), powerade (white cherry), tea, and cherry limeade! The reason I know this is because we took them out if a vial, put them under a microscope and measured them. We measured the diameter in pixels! Before we out the orbies in the liquids they all measured out to be 127.7 px. After 15 minutes we noticed that some of the orbies got bubbly and gross looking. The milk measured to 210.3px, the juice was 266.7px, powerade 283.9px, the tea was the same as the powerade (283.9px) and the cherry limeade was 213.9px. That was in the 15 minutes if sitting in the liquid. After 24 hours-- the milk was 394.5px, juice 384.2px, powerade 418.3px, tea was 493.3px, and the cherry limeade was 256.4px.  Our final measurements were-- milk was 394.4px, juice was 389.9px, poweade was 432.4px, tea was 516.8px and the cherry limeade was 225.9px. So, yes. Different iquids effect the growth of the orbies!!!

Article posted November 8, 2011 at 02:05 PM • comment (1) • Reads 63 • Return to Blog List

My team did the same experiment! Just with water, dirty water, salt water, sugar water, and hydrogen peroxide! I thought it was weird how they shrunk after 48 hours!
Posted December 13, 2011 at 01:35 PM by • Hollie