Well let’s start off with the fact that I despise mysteries, I absolutely hate them, but I will do what is required for school. The best “mystery” that I’ve read so far is the "Pit and the Pendulum" by Edgar Allan Poe. The reason for this is because it isn’t a mystery at all. Its pure suspense but if Mrs.Lubich wants to call it a mystery that is fine by me. There is absolutely no mystery element in the Pit and the Pendulum which is why I like it. Here is a mystery starter worthy of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

"The Stalking Silhouette"

One night I was out walking and I saw a mysterious silhouette sprinting stealthily across the rooftops. He/she was not making any noise, I only say him/her by chance. After seeing the mysterious figure I arrived at my apartment. For the next several days I have gone outside to try and spot the figure again, but with no luck. This is indeed a peculiar situation.