Mt. St. Helens a strato vocanoe erupted on May 18th 1980 with the power of a atomic bomb. But in October 2004 it caused a steam eruption and studies say that the crater-shaped moutain is growing. And the animals such as gophers are coming back. And plants are growing in through the rich volcanic soil life is coming back to the area .
Article posted November 3, 2011 at 03:19 PM • comment (1) • Reads 139 • Return to Blog List

Jillian, I am very proud of you and your interest in science. We were very happy to see how much interest you had in Mt. St. Helen and Mount Mazama (Crater Lake) during our summer vacation trip last summer. We still hope to take you to Yellowstone , Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands of North Dakota. Let's hope for next summer, if we can.
Posted November 7, 2011 at 09:36 PM by • Gary Storme aka Papa