KRTI-

by teacher: Rye Alumni

Dear parents,
This module we learned about graphing, patterns, square numbers, order of operations and exponents. One of the activities we did in the first section was we learned how to make a frequency table of all the absences in the jr. high of 2010, and make a graph. We got into partners and we counted up the absences for each grade and predicted what day would have the most absentees. The most absences believe it or not were on Tuesday.

I had a little trouble with the visual part of the patterns but it was okay. With the square numbers we did a few worksheets and learned how to apply it to geometry. That section was a little boring but I learned a lot because of it.

In the third section, we took a long time to learn about PEMDAS, which is the order of operations. First P or parenthesis, then E or exponents then after that M for multiplication, D for division, A for addition and last but not least S for subtraction. Finally, we finished the module with exponents. It was a little confusing but finally we made it through.

Thank you for your love and support! I love you!

Love,
KSMO
Article posted November 3, 2011 at 10:01 AM • comment (2) • Reads 89 • Return to Blog List

Thank you for your comment HSGR! I look forward to hearing more from you.
Posted January 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM by • KSMO
Very endearing. I like your letter. It reminds me of rubber boats.
Posted December 22, 2011 at 09:13 AM by • HSGR