Copyright (c) 2014 by RJCH Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
RJCH -- Blogmeister

RJCH

Class of 2012-2013

by RJCH

teacher: Rye 8th Team

Dear Mom and Dad,

One thing I learned in module 1 is the order of operations. I learned that parentheses come first. After parentheses come exponents. Then multiplication and/or division, and then addition and/or subtraction. The fraction line means divide.

I also learned about exponents. Any number to the second power (squared 2) means multiply by itself. If anything is to the third power (cubed 3), you multiply it by itself and then the product by the base number. With ten, the exponent is the number of zeros. 10 3 = 1000 10 4 = 10000 10 5 = 100000

I learned about probability. If there are 10 coins in a bag, and three of them are pennies, there is a 30% theoretical probability of picking a penny.

I also learned about graphing. If both axis on a graph have numbers in them, then you should use a point graph. If both axis have words, then you should use a bar graph.

Sincerely

RJCH

Article posted November 3, 2011 at 09:55 AM • comment • Reads 115 • see all articles