“A veteran is a person who fell in love with their country- for better or for worse- for richer or for poorer- in sickness and in health.” To me this means how he or she will fight and will do anything for his or her country despite the consequences or what other people will say.
“A veteran is a person who is willing to lay down their life for the statue of liberty so that her poor, her huddled masses, her homeless, her tempest tossed may breathe free and may enjoy life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.” This means that the soldiers that are fighting for us are willing to give their lives up, so that the people who live in the US can enjoy life and not worry about the safety of their family or of themselves.
“A veteran is a person who does what he/she must- in spite of personal consequences- in spite of obstacles, dangers, and pressures- for that is the basis of all human morality.” This means to me that a veteran will go through pain, sweat, and tears just to show the love that they have for our country.
“A veteran is one who gets a lump in the throat when he/she sees our beloved flag. One who will fight to protect our beautiful flag from those who dare to dishonor it.” This means that a veteran loves America so much they are happy to live another day and to get another chance to see the flag again.
“A veteran is one who pays their taxes, willingly; serves their country, honorably; and cherishes their freedom, passionately.” This means to me that a veteran is a true American who loves America and enjoys every minute living in it.
“A veteran is one well deserving of our appreciation, our love, and our prayers 365 days a year.” This means that a veteran is a person who deserves our prayers and is worthy of every single one.
~anonymous

This paragraph is my middle paragraph. It was a poem I found on the internet but I also added my opinion after each quote. I need feedback to find out whether or not it’s a good enough paragraph!