The Hunger Games is my #1 Favorite book series as of yesterday! The Hunger Games book series is written by: Suzanne Collins. The best book in this series is the very first book: The Hunger Games. This book takes place in the possibly not-so distant future. The main character is Katniss Everdeen. In this book there are many problems in the world, and in lonley district 12 there are many food shortages and many deaths by starvation. There is an oppourtunity for fame and for food in amounts beyond imagination, the Hunger Games. After a war long ago when district 13 started a rebellion against the Capitol, the Capitol Nuclear striked District 13, and destroyed all that as left of that district. Now, every year, the Capitol has all 12 remaining districts send tribute to them on the day of the Reeping. The tribute payed from each district is 2 children between the ages of 12 and 18 to enter in a fight to the death in the Hunger Games. The winner of the hunger games will return to their district with more food and riches than you could think of. The odds of that happening: 1 in 24. Not very good odds as Katniss is chosen into the arena.
Article posted November 1, 2011 at 09:42 AM • comment (4) • Reads 53 • Return to Blog List

Meant March. oops sorry.
Posted February 7, 2012 at 04:58 PM by • ChaseS
yes I have read the whole series and am looking forward to the movie release mars 23rd, 2012.
Posted January 12, 2012 at 09:17 PM by • ChaseS
I love the Hunger Games as well! Ever since I read it over the summer, and the story just blew my mind. Have you read Catching Fire and/or Mockingjay?
Posted December 12, 2011 at 08:53 PM by • Daniya M
I agree, the Hunger Games is a great book! You provided an excellent summary as well. Good job!
Posted December 10, 2011 at 02:11 PM by • Lisa S