1. Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
2. Achieve universal primary education
3. Promote gender equality and empower women
4. Reduce child mortality
5. Improve maternal health
6. Combat HIV, AIDS, malaria and other diseases
7. Ensure environmental sustainability.
8. Developing a global partnership
Progress of the millennium development goals is starting to be shown. In 1990, 25% of children were underweight in the world. As of 2010, that number has decreased to 16%. In 1990, 77% of the world's population used improved drinking water, as of 2010 that number has increased to 88%.
Image Credits- " Progress Towards Health in Ghana.", Gates Foundation