This is my introductory paragraph. I want to know if it catches your attention and if you want to read more.

Always remember. Always remember what? Always remember Veterans Day? When my teacher told us to write an essay about Veterans Day and the topic was, always remember, the only thing that came to mind was the fact that November 11th is my birthday.  That’s a day my parents will not forget. When I think of my birthday I think that this day is all about me. The truth of the matter is that I share this day with all the many soldiers that died for this country and all the veterans that are serving right at this very moment. It’s about the soldiers who are returning from Iraq and Afghanistan just in time for the holidays, my grandfather who served 23 years in the United States Air Force, and my father who served 4 years in the Army. It’s about remembering the tragic events of 9/11 or the bombing of Pearl Harbor.  It’s about all those people present and past who fought for my freedom and to keep this country safe.
Article posted October 25, 2011 at 10:39 PM • comment (1) • Reads 45 • Return to Blog List

You could become a good writer someday :)
Posted November 14, 2011 at 05:04 PM by • Cheyenne