Now, why DOES it matter? How many people do we know that will give their life for you? They fight for us every second of every day and they will go out of their way to make sure that we live, even if it means that they don’t. So why IS it so important to remember veterans? Consider this one thing: do you like being free? Being able to go to church without sneaking around, and going out to eat pizza with your friends without worrying about an invasion? There are many reasons to remember our veterans, and our current troops who are helping preserve our way of life. Without them, where would we be? In a world full of death and misery? What about children? Would you really want them growing up in a place where they can step out the door and get blown up? We have a right to defend ourselves, and veterans do it for us all the time.

What do you suggest for this paragraph? What does it need? I think it's pretty good and well-spoken, but I'd like to hear what everybody else thinks before I turn it in. I have edited it like crazy and changed tons of stuff, and I believe it's pretty well thought out. What do you think, Kacie? Ms. Lubich? Do you like my writing? Is it good enough to win the contest?

Article posted October 25, 2011 at 06:51 PM • comment (2) • Reads 54 • Return to Blog List

I do like it! So far, I wouldn’t change anything. It could win the contest, compared to my writing. sadly, I’m not too confident in my writing. Will you edit mine and tell me if I could win? My dad told me that it wasn’t that good, and really I’m not that confident. I need help!
Posted November 7, 2011 at 07:11 PM by • Kacie
Yes, I do love poetry and writing! I have written some pretty sad poems that I can relate to my life. I should write one. actually, that poem helped me in a hard time when I lost someone dear to me. my cat had been gone for two months and we find her one school morning. I told my mom that she was sick, believe me I could tell, and she took her to the vet. Afterward I had to deal with the sad fact that she didn’t make it. Broke my heart!
Posted November 7, 2011 at 07:07 PM by • Kacie