My class did an experiment on 5 different things, red sand, yeast, orbies, radish, and brine shimp. We used these organisms in 3 different environments, H2O, sugar water, and salt water. The Environment affects organisms because organisms need a certain environment in order to survive. The seeds didn't grow in the salt water because the seeds need fresh water like the regular H2O or the sugar water. The salt water killed the seeds because it did not get the correct nutrients. Therefore, the seeds were not able to grow. Some of our living organisms appeared non living because it didn't show any sign of life like breathing or movement. Like the seed, brine shrimp, and yeast, all of them did nothing in our tubes. They need time to grow in the environment. Organisms need to to be exposed to the right enviroment. Like seeds need fresh water to be able to grow. The brine shrimp appeared non living even in the salt water. For some reason Domanic touched them when the instructions told us not to. Thats all for today kids!
Article posted October 25, 2011 at 11:58 AM • comment • Reads 67 • Return to Blog List