Blogging is a fun, engaging way to write!

teacher: Mrs. Freitas

Ben Franklin had some big ideas. I’m going to explain a few of them. I think you will enjoy this essay.

Did you know that Ben Franklin published
his own almanac called Poor Richard’s Almanac. Which told the weather forecasts, when the moon was full, when to plant what, when the sun rises, and also told jokes.

Ben Franklin wanted to prove that lightning and electricity are the same. So he made an experiment that was on a century box with a metal rod with a man inside the century box in a stormy box. He wrote to scientists and the scientists did the experiment. Only one died. Ben also helped organize a hospital and a fire insurance company.

Since England was still ruling America, Ben Franklin was sent to France to make them help us fight England. France supplied us with weapons and tools to fight. France is still supporting us with supplies.
Article posted October 25, 2011 at 10:59 AM • comment • Reads 45 • Return to Blog List