Mystery stories are full of fear and in Language Arts class, we just finished reading one mystery story and are about to start reading more. Fear affects people in many ways and can make them jump to conclusions, like in "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street". It can make people turn on each other like cats on mice. People jump to conclusions by making little things other people do seem really bad so the little things they do don't seem so bad. Fear also makes people turn on eachother. They would rather say their friends are monsters than risk them or their family being said to be monsters. On the other hand, when somebody is said to be the monster, they can think more clearly and are able to say the people who are turning on them are just overreacting and thinking irrationally because of paranoia and fear. Clearly, fear affects people more than they realize - until they're the victims.