"Mona Lisa Solid ITC TT";color:#310065">Chapter 2

color:#310065"> 

color:#310065">            I yawned and rubbed my eyes. Looking over at my antique Best of Hello Kitty: 2006 calendar, I realized that it was finally Saturday. I turned over and dragged my twelve-year-old body out of bed, and then went downstairs to eat. My mother greeted me pleasantly, saying “Why good morning Opalei. How did you sleep?” I said OK, and she asked me to get my sisters. When I returned upstairs, I went to my sister Renée’s room, but she was still fast asleep. After that, I went into my sister Sydney’s room. The door was slightly open. I pushed it the rest of the way. And then I just stood there, with the door hanging ajar. The entire room had been ransacked. Drawers were broken and scattered on the floor, entire books were torn apart, the mattress was stripped, torn, and ripped. But that was not what I noticed. It was that Sydney was nowhere to be found. And that there were giant blood stains on the mattress, floor, and carpet. I shook. Where was Sydney?! I ran back into Renée’s room. “Have you seen Sydney?” I asked her with slight hysteria.

color:#310065"> 

"Mona Lisa Solid ITC TT";color:#310065">Chapter 3

mso-bidi-font-family:"Mona Lisa Solid ITC TT";color:#310065"> 

color:#310065">            I woke up, hearing my little sister, Opalei, standing over me. “What?” I asked her grumpily. “Renée, have you seen Sydney?” “No, now leave,” I thought about Onyx, a cute guy from school who my all knowing BGF (Best Guy Friend), Lukaz, said was going to ask me to the dance next Saturday. I was supposed to go with Sydney, Opalei, Lina, and her cousin Wendii to shop for dresses for Sydney, Lina, Wendii, and me in 3 hours. “What are you talking about?” I sat up and peeked at her through one eye, which usually can make her laugh, but at the moment, her face was a cold and serious as granite. I sat up and looked at Opalei. “What’s wrong?” I said, starting to worry. Without saying a word, She walked out of the room and down the hall to Sydney’s room. I followed her and saw the room. It was completely obliterated and things were strewn everywhere. I turned and was about to run downstairs and tell Mom, when Opalei grabbed me. “No, don’t,” she said. “Why not?” I asked. “Because the kidnapper wants this to be about us,” “What?” I said. She pointed with her left index finger to Sydney’s bureau. There, written is King- sized sharpie, was the word Sorrow. Below it were six names: Sydney, Opalei, Renée, Rose, Onyx, and Wendii.

Article posted October 21, 2011 at 09:07 AM • comment • Reads 68 • Return to Blog List