Chapter 1 -2

Chapter 1

I walked by a very old Antique house and saw a red flicker then nothing. I was scared so I ran as fast as I could back to my apartment building on 54th street. When I got home the phone rang and so I picked up the phone and there was a recording that said, “ Come to your front door and you will receive a message.” It was very peculiar that on a Friday night this strange message would appear because two days ago my sister went missing two days ago.

My name is Talia Animat. I am 15 years old. I live in Manhattan, New York in an apartment complex on 54th street. I live with my mom and I used to live with my sister until she went missing two days ago. I was in 7th period at around 2:15 I got a call from the police that told me that Mia Animat went missing at around 2:13 pm. I called my mom and my mom said, “ I know sweetie.” After the phone call I had disturbing nightmares about Mia being killed. “Talia what is 7ax-2b9?” umm, ummm. “ I see miss Talia, pay more attention,” said Mr. Crawfid. When the bell rang I was happy to go home. I got a call from my friend Kailyn and asked if I could go to the mall with her. So I called my mom and she said it was ok. I went to the mall and we looked in stores then got something to eat at the food court. It was really crowded and stuffy. Kailyn and I tried to get out of the food court as fast as we could. When we walked out of the mall we saw Chanel eating ice cream so we stopped and talked for about 15 minutes and left the mall.

I was walking home after Kailyn dropped me off where the nearest streetlight was and walked home. The side of the sidewalk I was on was crowded with bushes. I saw a strange flashing light coming from the bush so I tried to run but it seemed it was following me. I decided to go ahead and take a look at the light blue envelope with no address. Inside the envelope said you know who took me. I ran straight home and locked the doors. My mom was eating a green unripe banana and watching X factor. I got home and showed her the note. When my mom read it she said it sounded familiar so she told me not to mind it. When I went upstairs to my room I sat on my bed and thought. I was thinking about were my sister could be because of these strange notes and signs. My mom called for dinner downstairs. We had collard greens, fried chicken, and mashed potatoes with a very sour lemonade. When we were finished I cleared the table and ran back up the stairs. I got upstairs and 106 and park was on so I sat down and watched it. It lasted about and hour and so when I was done I started on my homework. In the middle of my 14th math problem I got a call from an unrecognized number. I didn’t pick up at first but they called again so when I picked up I asked who it was. It sounded like a man although I could’ve been wrong. I asked again and they said it was the grocery store manager, Byron. Our family was very close to Byron because he helped us put up missing posters when my dad went missing. Byron had driven me to school before so he knew my mom’s license plate. He said it had driven by earlier.

Article posted October 21, 2011 at 08:57 AM • comment (1) • Reads 51 • Return to Blog List

OMG!!! This sounds like such a good story I can't wait until you post more, I really liked how you leave us in suspense. I think you could proof read your story though because you used the wrong word on somethings, but other than that I loved it can't wait for the next part.
Posted October 21, 2011 at 07:38 PM by • JW6