You wouldn't think that an environment would affect the organisms living there. Well, It does. Sometimes you wouldn't even know an organism was living until it is put in a certain environment. An example of this is Brine Shrimp.
Our 8th grade science class did an experiment using different living and non-living things. One of the living organisms we used were brine shrimp. The class used three different liquids. Sugar water, salt water, and reg. Water. The brine shrimp didn't look living at all when they were first put in the three waters, but after 24 hours we found out they had hatched in two liquids. Salt water and Sugar water. This was weird because they should of hatched in the salt water.
Sometimes living organisms appear non living because it doesn't have the things it needs to hatch:)