-

A Smart Motorcycle? Hmm..

It’s amazing what people can do with their knowledge of technology. I was just watching a video on the CNN Student News website about motorcycles. Motorcycles use to be as simple as taking your average bike and slapping a motor on it, but now there is an invention called the safe motorcycle. It looks like a smart car with only two wheels, runs on electricity, and is able to stay balanced because of a mechanism called a gyroscope,the gyroscope is eight years in the making and allows the motorcycle to always keep its balance when it tilts and leans. The amazing inventor that came up with this invention is Danny Kim. He came up with the idea from his knowledge of vehicles and engineering. Why it is safer that an average motorcycle is that when it takes impact from a car, instead of falling down, it teeters and then regains its balance. I just think this is amazing. If you want to learn more go here, http://www.cnn.com/studentnews/ then watch the video on the top or bottom of the page. I hope you find interest in this topic and oh by the way if you want one, look for it in about five years and it will cost you $16,000.00.

If you want to learn more, go to the cite up there ^ or click here> http://www.cnn.com/studentnews/

Article posted October 19, 2011 at 07:01 PM • comment • Reads 42 • see all articles

Gian-Luc Jordan, we all miss you so much. Always in the hall, I always heard “hey look, its Gian-Luc.” Everyone in the hall turns and looks & what do you see? Gian-Luc with a big smile on his face. His smile always shined like the sun. I always saw him with his friends laughing, smiling, laughing, anything you could think of. His family dearly loved him. He had a big sister and little siblings. I thought Luca was pretty cool and super nice. He was one of my friends, even though I didn’t get to talk to him much. He had SO much energy around his friends. I always think of him and pray for his family. You were loved so much. I miss you so much Luca.