Copyright (c) 2014 by Olivia B Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Olivia B -- Blogmeister

Zayn Malik Lover!!!!

7A

What an amazing journey we are on, discovering all the ways technology can help us to learn more, share more, and become more. There is something new and exciting around every bend.

by Olivia B

teacher: Mrs. Ruffing

UN Millennium Project

In 2000, the United Nations came up with a plan. They came up with 8 millennium delvelopment goals. The goal of this plan was to better our world by achieving these goals by 2015. To visit the UN Millennium Goal website, click here.              

These goals were: 1. Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger. 2.Achieve universal primary education. 3.Promote gender equality and empower women. 4. Reduce child mortality. 5. Improve maternal health. 6. Combat Hiv/Aids, malaria, and other diseases. 7. Ensure environmental sustainability. 8.Develop a global partnership for development.                                                                                                    

Work has begun on all of the goals in many countries. In 2004, the number of people who are undernourished in Ghana has fallen to 9% of the population from 34% in 2004. Chlid mortality has declined 14% in Zambia from 1990 to 2008. We can make this happen, maybe not by 2015 but definitely in the next 15 years. If we join together, we can do this. I used the Un Millennium goals website.   

Children, Kisumu, Kenya by ben.eos20d under CC license

I love Zayn Malik from One Direction! I like to read, dance, and swim. My favorite color is green. My favorite animal is a zebra. I love candy and icecream!