Copyright (c) 2014 by Bobbie K Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Bobbie K -- Blogmeister

-

by Bobbie K teacher: Melanie Transue

September Freewrite

Have you ever just wanted to let loose be yourself and not care what anyone thinks well that’s where facebook comes in hand. The website that has over five billion users. The place where you can go and be yourself and meet new people. It’s the website that has changed the world. Facebook has dominated the social media. People used to go to Google to look up the news or turn on their TVs, but facebook has become the one place where you can get the news at fast and easy.

Facebook has also affected us in a positive and a negative ways. Some of the ways it has affected us in a positive ways is we can connect to the whole world. People everywhere can become friends with people in different countries. This is a wonderful thing. To be able to connect with the world with just a few clicks is amazing, it just blows my mind. The other positive things facebook has is now people can make friends. I know that sounds cheesy but it's true. I'll be the first one to say sometimes its not easy make friends, especially face to face. This way people can meet and not be afraid of the things they say are what they look like. Those are some of the positive things about facebook.

Now some of the negative things about facebook is that there cyber-bullying. Cyber-bullying is like making fun of someone on the Internet. Since facebook connect with the world there is a lot of cyber-bullying going on. On January 26, 2011 they made cyber-bullying illegal in all fifty stated so if you get caught you get in a lot of trouble. Other bad thing about facebook is there are public sex offenders. They can pretend to be someone else and send you a request to be your friend. You don't have to add them but some people do. That's why you only add people you know. You don't add people who your friends know, or who you parents because you don't know them personally. Those are some of the negative ways.