Copyright (c) 2014 by Alex B Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Alex B -- Blogmeister

Built Ford Tough-

by Alex B teacher: Melanie Transue

Final October free write
Dairy farming is a hard, time taking job. You get up at dusk, and dont go to bed until dawn often you don't even get to take a break in the middle. I spend most of my time helping my Poppy run our dairy farm.

Lately it’s been very busy at the farm. Were running low on hay. We don’t know if we will have enough hay to make it through the winter. It’s getting late in the game. We have to make as much hay as we can in the next couple of weeks.

Last night we were bailing hay at ten o'clock at night. My Poppy was rakeing the hey into wind rows which puts the hay in a pile. It makes it easier for the baler to pick up the hay. My Uncle Chris was operating the big square bailer. I was carrying the big square bales with our front loader on our tractor. We were rapping hay to feed our cows during the winter. The rap keeps the bales good it kind of like a preservative.

Dairy farming is a hard, time taking job.
Article posted October 19, 2011 at 09:01 AM • comment (1) • Reads 60 • Return to Blog List

Alex, you are very correct when you said that farming is a hard job. It is also takes a lot of time like you said.
Posted November 7, 2011 at 07:25 AM by • Chris C