Water pollution
Water pollution is one thing that this world needs to improve on. Water pollution is a problem that is ruining out water source. In this article I will be answering the following questions. What is water pollution? Whatwater types of water pollution? What is the outcome? What are solutions? And how can we prevent water pollution?
Water pollution can come from a number of sources. If the pollution comes from a single source such a an oil spill, it is called point-source pollution. If the pollution comes from many sources, it is called non point-source pollution.
There are manso types of water pollution. One example is, oxygen depleting. Oxygen depleting is a substance in the water that depletes the oxygen. Some more examples are ground water nutrients, microbiological, suspended matter, chemicals and surface pollution. Ground water nutrients
some ground water nutrients nitrogen and phosphorus. If too much of these, water can grow algae and become clowdy if
too much algae grows it is called algal bloom. Microbiological is small life form such a parasites that can only be seen under a microscope. Suspended matter is floating objects that don't belong such a fecal matter or litter. Chemicals are material involving changes in atoms or molecules such as oil or pesticides. Surface pollution is pollution such as plastic bags that float at the surface polluting water.
There are many consequenses of water pollution,but some of the main ones are problems,less fish, unhealthy water plus a polluted earth.Water pollution hurts our water resourses, such as lakes, rivers and oceans and our drinking water. It is a big problem and a global concern. Many diseases, health problems and even deaths have been tied to water pollution. The contamination starts with humans and ends with death.
To improve our water we can pick up litter litter and not have farms or pipes so close to creeks, lakes and oceans. We also could work together to clean up the oil.
To prevent water pollution we can build stronger pipes, recycle, and not dump sewage into the water.
Article posted October 18, 2011 at 10:34 AM • comment • Reads 55 • Return to Blog List