Matties blog-

passion post 02/27/14
Youtuber 01/28/14
7 random facts 01/07/14
Living or non-Living blog 01/07/14
11/07/13
Science 09/11/13
Science 09/11/13
04/26/12
04/26/12
04/26/12
forgot AGAIN 04/26/12
force 04/25/12
you forgot 04/25/12
03/13/12
Tree planting picture 01/30/12
Tree planting 01/27/12
waterpollution 11/16/09
11/14/11
11/14/11
Scud 11/03/11
7 random facts 10/04/11

WHAT IS WATER POLLUTION ?

What is water pollution? 14 biillion pounds of garbage are dumped into the worlds oceans each year effects- lower reporduction rates and increase. What can happen from water pollution is there can be dead fish and the animals that eat the dead fish and that will become sick and then what do you end up with a lake or some type of water area that has dead animals.

BAD THINGS THAT HAPPEN

"Farmers often use chemicals to hide under bug infestations or other diseases from damaging or ruining their crops. They may also use chemicals to enhance the growth of their" plants."Humans are affected by the heavy metals ingested by the fish and shellfish, causing health problems and sometimes death. The heavy metals in water have also been linked.
The construction industry is also at fault for contaminating our water resources with cement, lubricants, plastics and metals. Rivers and lakes are also polluted from" "Industrial processes produce toxic waste containing heavy metals. When heavy metals filter into water, they are fatal to marine life. Shellfish and fresh fish are staple" "Littering on the lan" "or on the water is a source of water pollution. Debris tossed onto land eventually makes its way into storm drains and then returns to surface water. Like i said a plastic bag is often seem to look like a jellyfish and jellyfish is a seaturtles favorite food.
THE EFFECTS

"The effects of water pollution are far-reaching and affect not only the environment, but human beings and animals as well. Water pollution affects our oceans, lakes,"The efects also are that you will have less fish in the water and then you can't get food for your family.
"Natural catastrophes" "are the cause of water pollution effects as well. Major upheavals such as storms, earthquakes, acid rain, floods, and volcano eruptions have been known to disrupt the" "The effects of water pollution are numerous (as seen above). Some water pollution effects are recognized immediately, whereas others don?t show up for months or years." "6 Major Effects of Water Pollution" "1) The food chain is damaged" "2) Diseases can spread via polluted water""3) Acid rain" "4) Pollutants in the water will alter the overall chemistry of the water""5) Marine food sources are contaminated""6) Altered water temperatures (due to human actions) can kill the marine life"

TYPES OF WATER POLLUTION

"Ground water pollution""occurs when chemicals, debris, garbage, oil or other harmful contaminants enter the ground water supply over time. Ground water is often a resource for our drinking water." If all that pollution goes in to our drinking water then we will become sick.
. "The growth of alga" "due to food items, feces, or urea in the water source is also a source of water pollution. When algae grow in water, it uses up more than its fair share of oxygen," "The process of contamination begins with tiny organisms called zooplankton and travels up the food chain through clams, birds, marine creatures, and ultimately, humans.""The process of contamination begins with tiny organisms called zooplankton and travels up the food chain through clams, birds, marine creatures, and ultimately, humans."Water pollution can come from a number of different sources. If the pollution comes from a single source, such as an oil spill, it is called point-source pollution."Surface water pollution""Surface waters are the natural water resources of the Earth. They are found on the exterior of the Earth?s crust and include: Oceans Rivers Lakes.

"Health"
"Virtually all types of water pollution are harmful to the health of humans and animals. Water pollution may not damage our health immediately but can be harmful after long"

WHAT CAN WE DO???????????????????=http://=http://!!!!

"If you want to help keep our waters clean," "there are many things you can do to help. You can prevent water pollution of nearby rivers and lakes as well as groundwater and drinking water by following some simple ways 1. you could go on a boat with your friends or with out and take garbage bags
and pick up some of the trash that is way out there.
2.try to prevent it from ever happing again.3. you could show pictures to people what is happing to the animals.4. you could go out in a boat and look at all that junk and when you get back you could put signs and some hopefully of these will work.

TRY YOUR BEST NOMATTER WHAT=http://=http://=http://!!

Article posted October 17, 2011 at 10:03 AM • comment • Reads 109 • Return to Blog List