Marley-

Are you fed up with water and its pollution? Well I have a way to prevent it. Many people think our polluted water is ok, but it is not ok! Some of the water pollution is caused by us (meaning human beings). Many oil spills are caused by pumps in oil rigs getting destroyed or leaking.

One type of water pollution is called marine dumping. 6-ring packaging can get caught around marine animals necks and may and probably result in death. Cardboard takes 2 weeks to degrade or in other words go into a dump. Newspaper takes at least 6 weeks to degrade or dissapear. Photodegradable packaging takes at least 6 weeks to degrade or in other words to dissapear. Foam takes 50 years to degrade or dissapear. Styrofoam takes at least 80 years to degrade. Aluminium takes at least 200 years to degrade/dissapear. Plastic packaging takes at least 400 years to degrade. Glass takes a lot of time to degrade but we don't know how long it takes. Another type of water pollution is oxygen depleting. It is when the number of microorganisms increase and use up the available oxygen. Anaerobic microorganisms die and start to thrive and then start to produce harmful toxins such as ammonia and sulfides. Some anaerobic microorganisms can be harmful to people, animals, and the environment. Another type of water pollution is groundwater pollution. Most of Earth's water is contained in aquifers(underground rock structures that hold water). Humans used aquifers as a means of obtaining drinking water and they built a well to get the aquifers water. This water often got polluted by pesticide contamination from the soil.

Some of the consequences of water pollution are microbiological pollution such as protozoa which can cause cholera. Some of the bacteria in the water can cause some viruses (as said above). Another cause of water pollution is eutrophication. Eutrophication is when the soil is enriched with nutrients. This is a big problem for the marine habitats because of algal blooms. The bloom of algae disrupts the ecosystem functions. The bloom of algae may also block sunlight for photosynthetic marine plants.

The best way to improve the quality of water after it has become polluted is a) put it through a filter, b) after that put it through a water filter again, and c) tell the ways of how to prevent it from coming again to other students.

What can you do to help get rid of water pollution?? If you want to keep our waters clean, there are many ways to help. You should conserve plastic water bottles because most of the pollution is plastic things. Turn of the sink when you don't need it. Some actions that can be done to stop this is don't use fertilizer cause the chemicals run into the ground and make our water polluted and non-drinkable, another action is no more marine dumping, chemical water pollution (as said above), and microbiological pollution. Thank you for reading about water and it's pollution. See you on my next blog. Goodbye!
Article posted October 14, 2011 at 04:00 PM • comment (2) • Reads 74 • Return to Blog List

WOW!!!! Makayla alot of typing kinda scared me a little bit. >.> Well thanks Makayla ttyl.
Posted January 30, 2012 at 03:49 PM by • kylieh
I LIKE YOUR BLOG !!!!!!!!!!! LOTS OF WRITING merry christmas
Posted December 16, 2011 at 01:43 PM by • makaylaw

Bradynn http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?user_id=352461&blogger_id=352462 Gracekhttp://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?user_id=352461&blogger_id=352457