Alex the Awesome

The effects of water pollution are far reaching and affect not only the Enviroment, but human beings and animals as well. Water pollution affects our oceans, lakes, Rivers, and other water ways etc.

The food chain is damaged When toxins are in the water. The toxins travel from the water the animals drink to humans when the animals meat is eaten. How it happens is when the animal drinks the water toxins it spreads to the rest of the body then when we harvest the animal we eat the toxins then they spread to our body.

Farmland that is Irragated and treated with chemicals in the form of fertilizers or pesticides is a major contributor to water pollution.

urban areas have the potential to pollute water in many ways. Runoff from streets caries oil,rubber,heavy metals, and other contaminets from automobiles.

oceans the oceans sustain life on this planet. they effect and moderate tempatures and dramatically influence global climate. the oceans recycle and clean the air we breath.

The boat Joe griffin leaves port Fouchon, LOUISANNA. enters the GULF OF MEXICO carrying the dome containment rig meant to cap the leaking well so the oil will stop leaking into the ocean.

BP ( the company which was leasing the rig) will now try to lower this pollution control dome into place over one of the leaks, in order to catch the escaping oil .
Article posted October 14, 2011 at 10:08 AM • comment (1) • Reads 126 • Return to Blog List

awesome very detailed and great job
Posted October 24, 2011 at 04:10 PM by • serenityl