Copyright (c) 2014 by Keeley C Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Keeley C -- Blogmeister

Not All Who Wander Are Lost-

by Keeley C teacher: Melanie Transue

Ever the dignified fan, you sit stiff and posed with your legs wound tightly crossed like vines in front of you all the while staring at the screen looking as though you were sculpted not of marble, but of diamond with your impassive glossy stare. A true sight to see, considering that your insides were on a field day, or a possible mass crime spree with all protection possible to the heart, before it bursts with joy out of its restricting cage. For months you have waited, for months you fantasized about the coming wonders that were about to be brought before you on the big screen, for months you read and reread the books. You gape, open-mouthed at the screen in what can only be described as pure disbelief and disgust. They left out so many great parts crucial to character development! Not only that, but they left out your favorite character. You have been dignified for far too long, you let out a gorilla cry of frustration when you leave the theater. I speak from personal experience when I say that books are ALWAYS better than the poor portrayal of mostly great and exciting literature that is ‘big screen movies.’ Literature is always more beautiful, books leave you to use your imagination, and the story has all of the parts and characters in it without a cheesy add on or any outrageous chapter cuts.

Romeo and Juliet. I feel like that one simple sentence fragment should be enough said. Just the name opens up your mind to a wide array of subjects that make a heart susceptible, selfless love, forbidden romances, and a tragic ending Shakespeare ends with the haunting line ‘For never was a story of more woe, than this of Juliet and her Romeo’ I always found their story of two teenagers only knowing each other for a handful of weeks to prove me right in many arguments I pose, but the big one is this: Romance is not a strong foundation for marriage. You cannot create a life with someone who you are constantly uncontrollably smitten with, you cannot be serious or taken seriously for the exact same reason, and you cannot have the cheap tricks of candle light and roses being the main reason why you’re with someone.

(I must say, I held back on A LOT on the last paragraph)

Article posted October 14, 2011 at 09:26 AM • comment (1) • Reads 60 • Return to Blog List

Keeley I should have known you would be the one to totally disagree with me. Although I do not agree with your last entry both entries are written beautifully .
Posted October 31, 2011 at 09:22 AM by • Justine W