Copyright (c) 2014 by Alfonso Gonzalez Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Alfonso Gonzalez -- Blogmeister

Chimacum's Science Blogs-

Mr. Gonzalez's Science Classes

by Alfonso Gonzalez

Huzzah
Blogs by the Sea
Mr. Miller's Class Blog
Making Waves in 6th Grade
Broadbent Blues
Fascinating Phenology

Last year 8th graders researched the Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill to learn how it was damaging the ecosystems in the gulf. We wondered if the world had learned its lesson after so many horrible oil spills and now we hear of another oil spill in the news!!

Oil Spill, cargo ship, New ZealandA cargo ship off the coast of Tauranga, New Zealand has spilled 350 tons of oil! As of today, Oct 13, it's still there leaking!! Read about it here.

Does anyone have any news about it? Any New Zealanders out there who can leave us a comment about this oil spill?

Article posted October 13, 2011 at 11:12 AM • comment (9) • Reads 77 • see all articles

Period 1
Period 2
Period 3

I started my teaching career in South Central Los Angeles teaching in modified to full bilingual 4th and 5th grade classes. Then I moved to WA State where I have taught mainly 6th through 8th grade. I have enjoyed the culture clash but notice that kids are the same everywhere :o)

My areas of interest are science and technology but I also love studying ancient cultures and learning about different peoples and cultures.

Mr. G's Other Blog

About Mr. G

Captain González
Captain Gonzalez