Copyright (c) 2014 by DD Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
DD -- Blogmeister

Dannisha's Blog

Grade 5 Students

Welcome to our grade 5 teacher and student weblog. We attend Nettleton Elementary School in Duluth, Minnesota, U.S.A. Check out our site to learn about our classroom, read our writings and give us some feedback. To add comments, just click on the comment link below a post. If you comment, please tell us who you are and where you are from. Your comments need teacher-approval before they show up on the blog. Our class likes to follow a blog comment recipe. You can write about something you saw or heard, something you liked, something to add or fix, or a question to make the writer think.

by DD

teacher: Jay Monson, Grade 5 Teacher

Forestry Field Day!
This is the time my class went on a field trip to Hartley Nature Center. The first thing we did when we got there was the teachers put us in groups and we went to different stations. Then we looked at some stuff on the ground like a experiment and we found some different acorns. Then as we looked and looked we found this kind of acorns that when they get heated up they opens it was called the jack pine. Next we saw how they made wood it was in a big machine it was really cool. After that it was time for lunch and after lunch it was down to our last but not least station we seen skulls and fur from animals in the pass we passed it around. At first I was scared but I got use to it. The last station we looked at all three soils there was sand, mud, and silt we felt each of them and discovered how they felt differently. Finally it was time to go on my way back to the bus. I was looking at different trees and the marks of a woodpecker.

That was the time I went on a field trip to Hartley Nature Center.

Hi! My name is Dannisha. I like to draw and do art. I'm a 5th grader at Nettleton School.