Copyright (c) 2014 by Anita Roberts-Long Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister

Literarily Speaking

8th grade gifted English follows the 9th grade curriculum in the order of the 8th grade units. 8th grade gifted Extended Academics intends to stretch gifted learners as does 8th grade Extended Academics intends to enrich studies for students scoring well in mathematics on standardized tests.

by Anita Roberts-Long

Free Rice
Purdue Online Writing Lab

Describe a personal connection to a theme in Red Scarf Girl, making specific reference to the memoir.

Directions for posting Blog articles to ClassBlogmeister: Start at www.blogmeister.com
On the right side, in the “Edit Your Blog” section, login with your Name and password. (It is case-sensitive.) Click on “Articles” Type a “Title” for your blog article (Match MY title). In the “Article” window, paste your blog article (go to the Edit menu and select “Paste”). Press ENTER again after each paragraph to create a blank line between paragraphs. Remove your heading, so your personal information is no longer there. Click “Request Publishing”, then “Save”. Only click this ONCE, even though the screen will not change much. Look at the bottom of the screen. You should now see the title of your new article listed.
Article posted October 8, 2011 at 06:36 AM • comment (4) • Reads 74 • Return to Blog List

I just typed my story into the box that popped up when you press 'articles.' Because it didn't let me paste, I just tped up everything and clicked the check mark b0x that said publish. However, it doesnt show that anything was published, when you get onto my page...
Posted October 12, 2011 at 08:50 PM by • Kate
Tonight's assignment was an experiment in using your recycled accounts. Parker and Malik, thanks for trying. A simple reset of your password will do the trick. Don't worry, only today's hard copy was an assignment worth points. Go to bed!
Posted October 11, 2011 at 09:00 PM by • Ms. Roberts-Long
It wont let me log in!!! I have tried multiple times and still nothing!!!
Posted October 11, 2011 at 07:12 PM by • Parker
I couldn't get my password and username to work. I did my name and pass and it didn't work so I'm just going to do it here...

Personal Connection Part 2
Malik
#28

The theme that I’m going to personally connect to is “Great leaders don’t always do great things.” The way this theme ties into my personal life is that some leaders in my life, such as the school board, don’t always do great decisions. That part of good decisions is just judgment also because, for example, with the uniforms, some people think that its good because it stops a lot of fights and arguments because if someone else came to school with some nice clothes, and then someone else came to school with some none descent clothes, then nine times out of ten the person with the nice clothes will make fun of the other one. This example brings me to my next thought. The clothes thing is kind of like when Chairman Mao Zedong started the Cultural Revolution and people, called Red Guards, went around China cutting peoples pants. That is how a fight could be started with school. They could have this huge group of people that were “middle class”, and then they would have a giant group of people that were “peasants”. Mao would be the school board, students who were followers of “Mao” would be Red Guards, middle class would be students who were nice clothes, and peasants would be students with raggedy clothes. The school board would the say, “everyone come dressed as equals so that we don’t have any quarreling going on.” So the knuckle headed people wear what they want to wear and the others wear uniform so that they don’t get in trouble. So then the knuckle-headed people and the others start fighting because the others don’t think that it is fair that they have to wear uniform and the knuckle-headed people can wear what they want. So then the school board following students go around the school and cut up pants of the knuckle heads. The knuckle heads then see that what they were doing was not fair and it was costing them money that they all started wearing the same thing and every student liked each other and they all were good.. for some time at least. This is how Mao wasn’t a good leader at one time because instead of taking the initiative, he took to long. Therefore “Great leaders don’t always do great things.”
Posted October 11, 2011 at 06:46 PM by • Malik

1st period
2nd period
3rd period
4th period
5th period
6th period
8th period

Ms. Roberts-Long is a National Board Certified Teacher with a Master's degree in English and a Bachelor's in English Education who is certified in gifted, journalism, and English. This is her 15th year of teaching, and she loves it.