I was born on July 4, 1998. I was eight pounds, four ounces. After I was born they found something wrong with my head. I had to have several tests and some scans. They found out that I was born with brain cancer.

While I was there I met a girl who had brain cancer as well. Our mothers came often to the hospital to check on us. Several times we tried to reach out to one another. Our mothers requested for us to be put next to each other, as that is what I'm told.

After about a year in the hospital we both were allowed to go home. Little did I know my friend from the hospital lived right down the road in the neighborhood. As we grew older we played together more and more often.

As little kids our parents didn’t trust us much on our own, but we went over to each other’s houses often. Once my friend and I were playing in my backyard and we went into the trees behind our house and we found a little creek. Beyond the creek we saw a meadow full of tall grass and flowers.

We went back to the house that day thinking we should tell our moms what we found. We didn’t though because we thought that if we did we would be banned from going back.

Article posted October 7, 2011 at 09:00 AM • comment (1) • Reads 88 • Return to Blog List

Good Job! I liked the cliffhanger at the end. Your paragraphs are a little short, so you might want to go back and add more details. Other than that, great job!
Posted October 7, 2011 at 09:10 AM by • LS7